The following has been planned as the structure of the meeting:
Internal Group members Meeting(finding volunteers to divide the work content in forming and running an NGO for representing our concerns) 2 to 3PM
Seminar(3 to 5 PM)
- Introduction of the Guests, the Issues involved in 498a, Objectives and Structure of the meeting - Mr.P.R.Gokul(Introduces each speaker individually too before their speeches, adding remarks about what has already been said and what needs to be still addressed - in an interactive way so that audience is involved early in the session- before the star segment of Q&A(Question and Answer session)) - 5 Mins
- First Guest speaker: Speaks about his experiences in dealing with 498a and DP(Dowry Prohibition) law misuse cases, precautions, defense/offence steps victims could take, whats the alternative for 498a or how it should be amended to prevent misuse- Mr.S.S.Palnitkar(Ex-Judge, Family and District court)- 10 mins
- First member speaker: Compliments/clarifies what the first speaker has said, mentions glaring instances where misuse is obvious in his own case(for the Media to feed on), some points on 498a(prevention, defense, offence) and what we could be aiming to do as a group - Mr.M.R.Gupta - 5 mins
- Second Guest speaker: Speaks about her experiences in dealing with cases of 498a and DP law misuse, precautions, defense/offence steps victims could take, whats the alternative for 498a or how it should be amended to prevent misuse- Mrs.Anamika V.Vichare-Sarang(Advocate High Court and Family court, Mumbai, Editor: Purushmukti, Legal Advisor to PHSS(Purush Hakka Saurakshan Samittee) - 10 mins
- Second member speaker: Compliments/clarifies what the second speaker has said, mentions glaring instances where misuse is obvious in his own case(for the Media to feed on), some points on 498a(prevention, defense, offence) and what we could be aiming to do as a group - Mr.Jaspal Singh - 5 mins
- Third Guest speaker: In the same lines as other guest speaker, adding his own observations during his career- Ex-DGP(to be confirmed by tomorrow evening)- 10 mins
- Third member speaker: Compliments/clarifies what the third speaker has said, mentions salient points of some 498a cases he has counseled as a helpline volunteer, and to bring out the "Anatomy of a Typical 498a case"(the typical psychology of the misusing wives& relatives(single daughter, not used to caring and sharing, pampered, tantrums, etc.), their motives(get-rich-fast, plain sadism, pressure tactics to establish upper hand in future family life!), family situation(negative influence of a lot of divorcees/sinister minds in family/friends circle, money-minded, rogue-politician(or such occupations!) type family background, old-wives techniques imparted by girl's mother to get husband under 'control') etc. which drives a girl to falsely implicate her husband & some points on 498a(this section to be split between question answer sessions as appropriate to maintain a coherent flow)- Mr.Jinesh Zaveri - 5 mins initially and continued later as the situation demands, complimenting the flow of the interactive session.
- Q&A , Interactive session - 1 hour
- Some expert members may speak in between the Q&A Session capturing the missed-out points until then, new directions to be considered etc.- a few minutes to compliment the discussions.
Any suggestions may be sent to drmura @ hotmail.com , to make the most out of this event.
Brief Details of the Meeting.....
To be held at the Press Club of India, Near C.S.T(VT) Station, Fort, Mumbai: 13th Sunday August.
Legal awareness seminar(coping with Misuse of Family laws):IPC 498a.
Conducted by Save Indian Family foundation from 3 P.M to 6 P.M. Laws like IPC 498a are misused and the Husband and his family get arrested and entangled in long-drawn legal proceedings. Arrests could happen even without any witness, evidence or police investigation, on the basis of just a false complaint by wife. Know how to take precautions and cope with these situations. Call 9224335577, 9820241589.
Do note that we have to share the expenses of the event, for this we have decided on a registration fee of Rs.100 per person. If the expenses overshoots the collection, you are free to contribute more, but no compulsion :).
Do confirm your participation, email to drmura @ hotmail.com , lets make this a big success and help ourselves. See http://at498a.
http://gokul.go.to , http://cruiserdeep.blogspot.com/
Tele/Fax : +91 22 25614188(Bombay, Res), +91 9821414336
Join SIF Mumbai Chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sif-mumbai/join
http://mynation.net, http://www.498a.org, http://forgottenwomen.org
24-hour All India Helpline Number:+91-9243473794
Volunteer Helpline Numbers(limited contact hours,send SMS if unavailable)
Delhi : 9871734980, 9810611534, 9911119113
Chandigarh: 9888562582, Bangalore : 80-55334135
Mumbai : 9224335577, Jaipur : 9352562456, Calcutta: 033 25217318/25347398
emails: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
See ongoing awareness campaigns: http://at498a.blogspot.com/, to post to this blog send email to email@example.com
PS:If the weblinks are not working, you can copy&paste the link on to your browser